(a) Generally. The party seeking review should, within 30 days after the notice of appeal is filed or discretionary review is granted, serve on all other parties and file with the trial court clerk a designation of those clerk's papers and exhibits the party wants the trial court clerk to transmit to the appellate court. A copy of the designation shall also be filed with the appellate court clerk. Any party may supplement the designation of clerk's papers and exhibits prior to or with the filing of the party's last brief. Thereafter, a party may supplement the designation only by order of the appellate court, upon motion. Each party is encouraged to designate only clerk's papers and exhibits needed to review the issues presented to the appellate court.
(b) Designation and Contents.
(1) The clerk's papers shall include, at a minimum:
(2) Each designation or supplement shall specify the full title of the pleading, the date filed, and, in counties where subnumbers are used, the clerk's subnumber.
(3) Each designation of exhibits shall include the trial court clerk's list of exhibits and shall specify the exhibit number and the description of the exhibit to be transmitted.
(1) Full copies of all designated pleadings shall be included, unless the trial court orders otherwise.
(2) The trial court clerk shall number the papers sequentially from beginning to end, including any supplemental clerk's papers, regardless of which party designated them.
(3) The trial court clerk shall make available a copy of the clerk's papers transmitted to the appellate court to any party, upon payment of the trial court clerk's reasonable expenses. If the trial court clerk generates the clerk's papers in electronic format, the trial court clerk shall make available to any party a copy of the clerk's papers in electronic format, upon payment of the trial court clerk's reasonable expenses.
[Adopted effective July 1, 1976; amended effective September 1, 1985; September 1, 1990; September 1, 1994; September 1, 1998; December 24, 2002; December 24, 2002; September 1, 2006; September 1, 2010; September 1, 2014; January 31, 2017.]