IRLJ 2.1: NOTICE OF INFRACTION
(a) Infraction Form Prescribed or Approved by the Administrative Office of the Courts. Infraction cases shall be filed on a form entitled "Notice of Infraction" prescribed by the Administrative Office of the Courts; except that the form used to file cases alleging the commission of a parking, standing or stopping infraction shall be approved by the Administrative Office of the Courts. Notice of Infraction forms prescribed or approved by the Administrative Office of the Courts are presumed valid and shall not be deemed insufficient by reason of defects or imperfections which do not prejudice substantial rights of the defendant.
(b) Contents. Subject to IRLJ 3.1(d), the notice of infraction shall contain the following information on the copy given to the defendant, except the information required by subsection (2) is not required on a notice of infraction alleging the commission of a parking, standing, or stopping infraction:
(1) The name, address, and phone number of the court where the notice of infraction is to be filed;
(2) The name, address, date of birth, sex, physical characteristics, and, for a notice of traffic infraction, the operator's license number of the defendant;
(3) For a notice of traffic infraction, the vehicle make, year, model, style, license number, and state in which licensed;
(4) The infraction which the defendant is alleged to have committed and the accompanying statutory citation or ordinance number, the date, time, and place the infraction occurred, the date the notice of infraction was issued, and the name and, if applicable, the number of the citing officer;
(5) A statement that the defendant must respond to the notice of infraction within fifteen (15) days of the date the notice is personally served or, if the notice is served by mail, within eighteen (18) days of the date the notice is mailed;
(6) A space for entry of the monetary penalty which respondent may pay in lieu of appearing in court;
(7) A statement that a mailed response must be mailed not later than midnight on the day the response is due;
(8) The statements required by RCW 46.63.060 or other applicable statute; and
(9) Any additional information determined necessary by the Administrative Office of the Courts.
[Adopted effective January 1, 1981; amended effective September 1, 1992; June 2, 1998; January 3, 2006; November 21, 2006; May 6, 2008; September 1, 2010; July 24, 2012.]